Privacy and your personal data
It applies to Information collected by us, or provided by you, over our website at www.theplymouthbrethren.org (“Website”) or in any other way (such as over the telephone or in an email). It is also intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using our Website. Please take a minute to read and understand the policy.
All your personal Information shall be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Legislation”).
If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you, please write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
Plymouth Brethren (Exclusive Brethren) Christian Church Limited
Chelwood House, Cox Lane
Chessington, Surrey, KT9 1DN
Plymouth Brethren (Exclusive Brethren) Christian Church Limited is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the Legislation and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 08175944 and our registered office is at Chelwood House , Cox Lane, Chessington, Surrey KT9 1DN.
What Information we collect
When you visit our Website you may provide us with personal information such as name, address, email address and phone number (“Information”). You may provide us with Information in a number of ways:
- by supplying us with the Information as listed above, on an individual basis by completing a “Contact” form on our Website; or
- by corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and the geographical location of your computer, for system administration. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
How do we use the Information that you provide to us?
We use your Information in the following ways:
- To correspond with you when you have contacted us using the “Contact” form on the Website; and
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device.
In limited circumstances we may pass your Information to other third party organisations:
- if we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we may disclose your Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection.
How can you access your Information?
You may request access to all your Information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing [email protected] Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Where we store your personal data
We maintain the highest standards of security, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot ensure the security of your data during transit to our Website. Any information you submit is sent at your own risk. Once we have received your Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party sites