Plymouth Brethren Christian Church helps the Stars…
On Tuesday the Plymouth Brethren Christian Church donated £5000.00 to Shooting Star CHASE in support of the excellent work they do.
Mr Jeremy Payne, Director of Fundraising and Marketing at Shooting Star CHASE was delighted to accept the generous donation presented by Church members Iain Cooper and his family from Surrey.
Shooting Star CHASE is your local children’s hospice charity caring for over 600 families living in western London, Surrey and West Sussex.
Shooting Star CHASE aim to make every day count for children and teenagers with life-limiting conditions, and their families. Shooting Star CHASE walk side-by-side with them on their journey, sharing the good times, and helping them through the tough times with practical, clinical and emotional support.
David King, chief executive of Shooting Star CHASE says;
“With continuing cuts in government funding and medical technology allowing children and teenagers to live longer but still not long enough, our charity needs support more than ever. Times may have changed since we were founded, but we will always put local children and teenagers with life-limiting conditions at the forefront of everything we do.”
Services are available 365 days a year. Families receive our support free of charge, in their own homes and communities and at two children’s hospices, Shooting Star House in Hampton and Christopher’s in Guildford. These services include:
- Planned short breaks at Christopher’s and Shooting Star House
- Hospice at Home
- Family support, counselling and therapies
- Symptom management and paediatric palliative care
- Sparkle Day Care at Shooting Star House and day visits to Christopher’s
- Special activities so families can have fun together, creating special memories
- Urgent support for families in a crisis
- Care at the end of a child or teenager’s life
- Ongoing bereavement support for the whole family
With no guaranteed Government funding Shooting Star CHASE must raise £23,000 a day to provide all these vital services.