Belfast RRT Attend Fun Run Of The Glens Cycling Event (FROG)
Saturday 13 June 2015 brought 640 cyclists to the 10th annual Fun Run of the Glens event, organised by Fujitsu. Participants cycled either a 25 mile, 50 mile or 100 mile route through the spectacular Glens of Antrim in Northern Ireland. The participants selflessly completed this challenge in support of two charities:-
- Cancer Focus who provide support for cancer patients and bring a more hopeful future to thousands by funding research into cancer.
- Marie Curie who offer care, guidance and support to those suffering from terminal illnesses and their families.
With the cyclists raising a significant £48,053 for the above charities through sponsorships, the RRT volunteers from Belfast were glad to be involved in the event which was filled with enthusiasm and a community spirit. Assistance provided by the RRT included:
- Help with registration of the participants at the start of the event
- Route marshalling and traffic control
- Photography of the cyclists at different stages throughout the route
- Refreshments marquee
- Finish line services
Further donations are welcome in support of the D’FROG 2015 at https://www.justgiving.com/FROG2015/
The organiser thanked the Rapid Relief Team (RRT) for their participation in the event, commenting:
“Extremely well received by everyone; well planned, well executed, well delivered, easy to work with.”
RRT look forward to supporting this event and similar in the future.